Thursday, March 11, 2010

Last night,
Master had us practice BaBuGou as best as we could. I hurt my wrist awhile ago, and while I can use it, I'm not up to 100% yet. Therefore, Master has Will and I practicing the moves but not anything else.

Master said that while we can't emit power, we should be able to retain the intention of fighting within our moves. We also need to work on the distance between me and Will. We should be very connected and there should be this flow. Master talked about how during the second move, I was sometimes too far, and it would be better if I wasn't so quick to retreat, which is timing issues.

On the other hand, Master said that I could probably actually use the frontal sidekick plus two punches in a fight now. They looks good enough for that. He said to Will that it's all about stability. The ability to kick and punch from a stable position.

Also, note that weather for the coming months is going to be interesting. Last week, it rained for four days straight. People have told me that it's going to be like this for a bit, so forgive me if I don't write anything for long periods of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment