Monday, December 28, 2009

12-26-09 to 12-28-09

NEW YEARS IS ALMOST HERE!!!

12-26-09
Tonight, I met Yen Le for the first time. If you guys don't know who Yen Le is, he studied with Master for a good 5-7 years. Rudy said that Yen Le's fighting was good. To get an idea, he used to do 500 punch counts a day. That would be 1500 punches each day! That was before he got married, had a kid, and started his own company. He's doing good now. I'm happy I got to meet him, but it's a pity I didn't get to see him move since he's supposed to be nearly like Master.

After Yen Le left, Master had me do the frontal side kick the entire two hours. Two days later, I can safely say that my legs are sore. But on the plus side, my kick has improved. Not by much, but they're getting somewhere finally.

12-27-09
Rained. It's been raining a lot lately. Sucks.

12-28-09

Today. We focused on YuDiCheLunFa. He is mostly getting the new student up to gear. The new student keeps stopping when he feels his legs are sore. It's a good lens to see how far I've come. In all seriousness, he needs to quit stopping each time his legs are sore.

Anyways, master says that I need to keep my back hand up when defending. I sometimes let it slip down.

Next, we did Ying Yong Quan. Master said that I need to watch on the turn, that I don't have any extra movements. I have this habit of reverse torquing my arm to get ready for the next move. I need to watch it. My center of balance is off because of the change, and I need to focus on that too.

Finally, we did Ba Bu Gou. Master did the entire form with Will. There's too many details for me to cover here, but some major things I noticed was that when on the attacking side, Master's upper body would almost be completely sideways when doing the first move. He's really leaning into the attack. Next thing I noticed is when doing the phoenix eye, his body is completely sideways also. It kinda reminded me of a door, the way he moved on that section actually. It kind just swung out at Will.
Next, the contrast between high and low need to be more exaggerated. Master would go very low and very high when doing the form, depending on the target he was attacking. Finally, Master emphasized that the kick is stationary, and that there is a tun-tu after it for the backhand face palm strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment