Friday, January 15, 2010

1-16-2010

Update for the last two weeks.
Last week, I didn't practice, I was busy with finals. This has a huge effect, I can see and feel the change that happened while I was not practicing. Everything got worse rapidly.

Anyways! xD

The first week of the new year, Master had me start on 六合刀 (Six Harmonies Broad Sword). Master also said that we don't practice ErJiBen and ShunFengTui, and we're doing lines of that now.

Master told us that we have a competition in May that Will and I might attend. I think he wants us to perform 八步勾 (8 Hook Steps), 清龍拳 (Green Dragon Fist), 六合刀 (Six Harmonies Broad Sword). We've been running through those quite a lot, and it's great.

On the major points, Master is told me that with the broadsword, the body must be more concaved than with fists. Well, Master said that the body has to be more rounded with a sword than with fists. So this form really forces me to 吞吐/ (spit/swallow). Additionally, Master says that I'm too sidewards on some moves. I need to have my belly face forward or I risk exposing my back.

As for the 8 Hook Steps, it's a huge work in progress. I can say that after a week of not practicing, that is what has suffered the most. Scary~

No comments:

Post a Comment