Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's rained the last 4 days. Tonight was the first night that we got to practice.

Master had us just do reviews of forms today since we had two new people with us. We just did 5 Step Fist (五步拳) over and over. Master kept correct my horse stance since I have a bad habit of leaving my back leg too over.

Other than that, Master said that my Practical Fist (應用拳) improved more now. Unfortunately, my Six Harmonies Fist (六合拳) did not.

Lastly, Master told us that after you duck to avoid a block, to attack, you move forward and up rather than rising and then moving forward. He also said that we should be able to punch and kick from the ducked position. We should be able to switch sides also in the ducked position. Actually, he had me do it like that. Very interesting to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment