Friday, January 29, 2010

Tonight, Will and I practiced Ba Bu Gou (八步鈎)the entire time.

Here's the corrections Master wanted from us.

First, when moving from ready to the first position, I must come out with body forward. Master said that I lean my right shoulder forward which should not happen. Everything must be square. Secondly, when blocking the phoenix eye, I need to shift my foot slightly to the 45 and sink lower into Xu Bu (虛步). Next, Master said that when reeling back after I attack with the phoenix fist, my back leg needs to shift back before launching the face palm strike.

Switching sides, on the fist parry, I need to be more squared with my hips. I have the tendency to shift one side or the other. Next, on the two spear hands and spinning hammer strike, Master wanted me to have a slight pause after the two spear hands, just a split second so that Will has time to get back. After that, the three punches, my hips needs to be more square, as I have a tendency to shift into different stances with each punch. Lastly, for slapping the kick, Master wanted me to go further back.

General things also. Master told me that sometimes I lean too much into my bow stances or my bow stance is too long; both of which immobilize me.

Oh and at Master's house while I was practicing the frontal sidekick, Master told me to pull back more from our stance. I almost have the mechanics of the kick down from our fighting position, I estimate probably another 2 weeks and I'll have it working.

No comments:

Post a Comment