Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tonight,
I finished the last part of the broadsword form. I have to say that I quite like this form. It's compact, and it includes some very interesting shenfa as well as the fact that I get a broadsword to swing around. I've never learned weapons so it's taking me extra time and care to notice the details. I'm sure I'm missing many of the finer points because I have yet to see them, let alone understand them.

As for as BaBuGou(八步勾), Master keeps correcting Will's stepping. Because of our size difference, Will has a habit of making some extra steps, and the last few times, we've just repeated moves. Other than that, Master has yet to change anything on mine. I think it's more a shenfa issue right now. He said that I have more intent now, and through that we learn shenfa.

We went back to the Wheel Method, 禦敵車輪法. Master told us to make sure that our movements are precise and exact. He said that we practice this way because in real fights, we are always changing, but in that change we never leave the original essence. 万變不離其中

Finally, I think that the new guy quit. There was a new guy named Li Sheng 李勝, but I haven't seen him around for over a week. On the bright side, Chen Xu, the guy who practices Tai Chi and Nei Quan Shou (内圈手)for hours on end, has decided that Tai Chi is too hard, and has started to practice with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment